Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Turning over a new leaf

Like I've mentioned in a previous post, I've started reading again, just for my own pleasure. This is probably the third time in my life I've been able to make that statement, and it be true. The two times before now look something like this:
1.) The Christy Miller Series as a pre-teen/teenager
2.) The Christy Miller Series as a teenager/post-teen
Think I'm being facetious? I assure you, I'm not. It's just never been an enjoyable pasttime for me (Unless, of course, the reading is about Todd and Christy's Christ-centered-teenage-angst-ridden-romance. That subject matter could always hold my interest!).
I digress...
Many of the blogs I've read lately talk about using this blog outlet as a form of accountability (that includes you, Julie) for certain goals or commitments one may have. So, dear readers (well...Dad), you have to be subject to my desire for accountability as I seek to expand my mind through reading. The idea for me is to keep myself "educated" and not let my mind turn to mush because of too much television or blah work stuff. I'll post what I've read so far this year, and if anyone has any good recommendations, feel free to post them as well!
Here it goes...

1. Emma by Jane Austin
2. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
current...Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

3 comments:

Julie D. said...

way to go! i'm just getting back into reading too. I too, don't want my mind to turn to mush...mainly toddler and 4 year old 'mush'! ;) I'll invite you to this cool site some people i know are doing. I'm totally motivated to read now.
www.goodreads.com

natalie said...

my absolute favorites...the mark of the lion series by francine rivers. beware, that when you pick them up, you won't put them down, 3 books, 400+ pages each. single handedly got me through some hard times.

Anonymous said...

I had already been putting together a list for you. Your proud mama