Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Just a few highlights





To start off our marathon of Christmas concerts, we went to Disneyland's Candlelight Concert with a group of friends. It's a really great concert where dozens of local church, school, and city choirs sang carols intermixed with a reading of the Christmas story.
And not the "Night before Christmas" Christmas story. They read the actual account from Luke about the lowly birth of the Lord Jesus Christ. This year it was read by Jane Seymore (from Dr. Quinn). Last year we saw Andy Garcia. For anyone who lives in So.Cal, it's a really fun thing to do. I'd recommend it to anyone.









Two of my dear friends threw a lovely Christmas Tea. It was a chance for some girly fellowship to talk about and enjoy the Christmas season together. It was really great and I hope it's an annual event!













Josh and I were so proud of our first Christmas tree. So proud that we're letting it turn into kindling in our living room! Oops...








My first stocking!! Being from a family that had zero hint of Santa Claus in our Christmases, I've never had a stocking. For my first stocking, Josh filled it with lots of goodies, including a DVD that he really bought for himself. Sneaky Sneaky.

1 comment:

Julie D. said...

Hi Laina! I found your blog through Alex and Bryan's...you may not remember me but I met you at Alex's wedding. I went to high school with Josh and the whole LAB crew! ;) I was really bummed I missed your wedding but having a new baby just made traveling a little stressful. So fun to see your pictures. It looks like you guys had a great 1st Christmas!! What a fun time...especially the stocking. Can't have Christmas with out a stocking! :) New traditions are fun. Tell Josh hi. email me and I can add you to my blog...it is set on private (my husband is internet paranoid ;). juliedelamarter@yahoo.com God bless! -Julie