Monday, December 17, 2007

The DeClercq's are back in town!

Over this last weekend, Josh and I got to spend an amazing three days with one of the coolest families I know--mine!! My parents, my younger brothers, and my grandmother drove down from the "hecka cool" Bay Area for my older brother's graduation from graduate school. And if you'll indulge me, I'd like to take a moment to brag about Adam.
Over the last couple of years he's finished his B.A. and simultaneously worked on (and now completed) his master's degree in Education from Biola, on which he received highest honors (3.9 gpa or higher). He's in his second year as a high school English teacher and water polo coach, and he's doing a great job with a challenging group of students. He and his wife are even considering doing some missions-related work by taking a teaching position at a missionary school in Germany. We're all very proud of what he's accomplished in his life and we're even more excited for the opportunities he'll have in the future. All of these things are purely by the grace of God, and it has been an amazing thing to see Him bring all these events to fruition. So, as much as I can brag about Adam, I know that our boast is in the Lord and in His merciful kindness and for that I'm so grateful.



Here's the whole fam after the graduation



I just thought this was a cute picture of my parents!



The handsome graduate and his lovely wife





All my best men!
Joshua, Dad, Adam, Joey(17), Ricky(21)




Here's just a cute picture of me and my own very handsome and wonderful husband.

2 comments:

natalie said...

yeah! thanks for the pictures! it was so fun to see everyone again! send my congrats to adam and his wife for a job well done!!!

Anonymous said...

because of the pictures of us boys, I dub thee blog....not puggly! By the way, is the reason you put our ages on the caption so that all the single women you know can know about us? just kidding. good job laina