Thursday, April 10, 2008

What we've been up to lately

  • A couple of weekends ago, Josh and I spent a night in the fabulous Newport Beach. I've wanted to go there since I was a kid and read the story of Christy Miller meeting the handsome surfer Todd (a few of you will know what that is from...) I didn't meet any handsome surfer, but my own handsome husband and I cruised around Balboa Island, admiring the funky little downtown area and the sunny beach. We took a nice long walk on the Newport pier next to the most beautiful houses. Josh had to remind more than once that coveting is a sin and to watch myself!!

  • We at at a most amazing restaurant called Agoura Churrascaria Steakhouse. I've never eaten in a Brazillian steakhouse before, but it was quite the experience. A little expensive, but a very great dinner!







    • Since the Academy Awards a couple of months ago, Josh and I have decided to catch up on old Best Picture winners. Easy to do with Blockbuster thru the mail:

    We really liked this movie.

    We did not really like this movie.

    This movie is waiting for us to watch it, we'll see...


    • Our very good friends gave birth to this handsome little man, Ethan Spencer, a little over a month ago, and I never put up a picture. They are such a sweet little family and it's been such a pleasure spending time with them and watching them grow. Here they are pre-Ethan, and this is the little guy when he's about 4 days old.












    • My best friend had her 26th birthday last weekend. We had a very fun time and a very yummy dinner with good friends. Happy Birthday, Ems! I love you so much. Just so you know...this was the best picture we took. HAHA!










    • Josh's family has had season tickets to the Dodgers for may years. Last week he got his portion of the tickets. On Saturday, we're going to the first game of the season together. If you know me and my appreciation for baseball, you can imagine how excited I am about it. If you don't know me and don't know my appreciation for baseball...I'm not that excited about it.


    • We've been busy watching past episodes of The Office to get ready for the new episode on tonight. You have no idea how excited I am! Really--no idea!!

    3 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Thanks for the update...Nice and beautiful pic of us girlies! Yuck!
    Love ya so much!

    Julie D. said...

    how fun, laina! tell Natalie congratulations from me.

    Anonymous said...

    I bet you can't wait to see "There will be Blood" again.