Friday, December 5, 2008

Homeowners

I'm not quite sure where to start. It's been so long since I've sat down to write something substantial (besides poking fun at Dan).

Josh and I have been keeping ourselves very busy for the last few months. On Halloween night, Josh and I moved into our first home. We'd been looking for a house for about 6 months with little success. In September we finally found one.

I was amazed at the challenge of getting the paperwork and loan documents taken care of. It seemed like it was one thing after another. If it wasn't signing docs, it was scheduling deliveries. It was re-ordering appliances. It was driving here and there for meetings during lunch breaks and after work. Everyone involved worked really hard to get us into this house.

But now we're in and we're loving it. Josh feels perfectly at home and I love the opportunity to decorate and add my own personal touch. Like most houses in the valley, it's over 50 years old and still has many of it's original features. It will need some upgrades. A remodeled kitchen, refinished floors, new bathrooms, landscaping-front and back, central heating and air. You know, nothing major.

But it's ours. Our home. Our first home. Together.


We are blessed.

5 comments:

Julie D. said...

congratulations, Josh and Laina! So exciting. I love it. It is so cute! You should give an inside tour too! enjoy. Nothing like having your OWN house.

Renelle Davis said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you two and I can't wait to come down and see it again with all your stuff in it and all the cute touches I'm sure you've already done. :) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Sure enjoyed breaking in the place. Love,
Pops

Julie D. said...

yes! we are so excited about our friends!! So awesome.

KaMiBeN said...

Congratulations Laina! You own a house...that's huge! It looks like a great home (from the outside anyway).