Friday, May 1, 2009

Tidbits on the Love Shack

I love our house. I love that we own it (indirectly through the bank, of course. I just keep telling myself that we own it), I love that it's something we did together, I love that it's the accomplishment of a long-time goal for both the handsome one, and myself. I love that it's in a charming neighborhood, I love that it's not too big and not too small, and that it has retained some of it's 1950's charm.
However (and that's a big HOWEVER), it does need work. We knew as soon as we moved in that it would need improvements. Some major, others just esthetic.
Well, it has begun. Or, it's beginning. On Monday. Being first time home owners, we finally get some money back from Uncle Sam, which we're dutifully putting back into this sad little economy by installing central A/C and heating. What?!
I know...you're wondering how we've made it this long without A/C. Being a NorCal girl, I know the art of opening the windows at night and early morning and turning on fans, and then shutting up everything before it gets hot. The husby, being SoCal grown, knows the art of complaining about the heat. So, that means that he's the one driving this train: Air Conditioning, our first major project.
This means that I get the satisfaction of some cosmetic changes.
No more furnace vent in the dining room:



Or strange circular swamp cooler vents in the ceiling:





Stay tuned to see how it all turns out!

8 comments:

Adam and Laura said...

Ahhh...air conditioning. Sounds nice. Today is maybe the first day all year that air conditioning really sounds useful.

Anonymous said...

Who needs air conditioning? Let's hear it for Nor Cal, the place to be in good ol' California.
Love,
Dad

Unknown said...

Yay for the AC now. It was working great the other day. I love the new look of the blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Waiting for the up-date

Love From
Mom H

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Good Article
http://www.medcareforyou.com/product/bystolic/